Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: window dressing  (Read 761 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
window dressing
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:02:00 am »

It has happened to me already a few times in different forts that when I build a green glass window, a dwarf gets trapped on the spot when the window is built. When I see this soon enough I can remove the window and the dwarf is free again but it is a bit annoying to miss it and have a tantruming dwarf as window dressing. It only seems to happen when I built windows in a crowded area, i.e. my meeting hall dining room and I supect the dwarves getting caught are not the actual builders but unfortunate bypassers who happen to walk over the spot when the window is built. I don't know if it happens also with clear/crystal glass and gem windows.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: window dressing
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 07:29:00 am »

Dwarves usually seem to work themselves free of their own accord, it just takes a small amount of time. Recruiting them and setting them to patrol off and back to the window usually seems to nudge them off.

It is indeed the builder that gets stuck.
This happens with statues too, though not as often.