Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Booze no longer cookable?  (Read 1547 times)

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Booze no longer cookable?
« on: November 13, 2006, 03:07:00 pm »

Did some recent change (Specialized stockpiles? Something related to barrels?) make booze uncookable?  

From 0.21.101.19d: "This is a stack of 21 superiorly prepared Dwarven rum roast.  The ingredients are superiorly minced Dwarven rum, superiorly minced Dwarven rum, well-minced Dwarven rum and finely minced Dwarven rum."

However, in the current version, my cooks cancel the task when they have to use booze: "Needs unrotten cookable item".

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Booze no longer cookable?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 04:08:00 pm »

Wouldn't surprise me if Toady made it so that you need at least one non-booze item to cook something.

I mean, what would that 'roast' actually look like? All it has in it is rum.

That said, I havn't actually tried cooking with booze recently - My fort currently has hundreds of units of tallow, and very little extra booze, so I cook everything out of tallow (which must be absoutely disgusting, but hey, at least it's better than starving.)

w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 04:25:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by AlStar:
<STRONG>Wouldn't surprise me if Toady made it so that you need at least one non-booze item to cook something.</STRONG>

I've had lots of cookables, including but not limited to booze; everything gets cooked besides the booze.

Chthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 07:20:00 pm »

Yes, I have similar issues.  My booze is ignored.  I've checked all my stocks, nothing involving alcohol is in there (in 800 pieces of cooked food, took forever but I was curious after a previous post)
''d be perfect if I weren''t so arrogant.

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 07:25:00 pm »

I get the "needs unspoiled item" even when I enable for cooking a single non-booze item (a plant) along with booze (in a 2-ingredient dish).

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 01:07:00 am »

It's possible that the barrel is either in use or out of a stockpile.  Either way, it can't be used for cooking in such state.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 01:15:00 am »

There was a bug with booze not being cookable that's now fixed.  Sensible cooking awaits the cooking req off in the future.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!