Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The most useful mood so far!  (Read 1245 times)

Feral23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The most useful mood so far!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2010, 02:17:17 pm »

this is why all of my haulers must learn a couple levels of mechanics...[attempt to force mood] last fort had 3 artifact mechanisms with *serrated steel* defending the entrance.
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup tiles ruined Ascii for me forever... and I played Hack when it was new.

ThrowerOfStones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Alea Iacta Est
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2010, 02:46:31 pm »

Don't even talk to me. So far I've got a Tanner, a Leatherworker, a Clothier, a Bowyer, and a Mason go moodful on me. I mean, the Mason is pretty useful, and he made a sweet native gold throne that is now sitting in the Mayor's office, but I pretty much have no use for any of the rest of them OR the items they made. Stupid pig fiber headscarf with hanging loops of adamantine... that adamantine could have been an axe!
The dead do not respond to context.
Pencil and Paper Blog Ahoy!

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2010, 03:00:34 pm »

Just had a child go secretive, and take the Crastsdwarf workshop, grab 4 dead goblins, a pile of groundhog bones, 2 cut tigereyes, and a kaolinite block, to produce a near valueless GOBLIN BONE PICCOLO. First useless mood so far, and it's worse because it was a child, bone carver, bone mood, and worthless instrument.

EDIT: The name is entirely appropriate: The Wasted Anger.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 03:02:08 pm by rat_pack40 »

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 03:20:52 pm »

I personally like legendary bone carvers. Although the artifact is usually near worthless (Goblin Bone Sword worth 1200), they turn those loads of bones into bolts for crossbow practice or crafts/decorations for sale. Not nearly as useful as legendary gem cutter/setters, but decent nonetheless.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2010, 03:39:37 pm »

If we are going to talk about useless artifacts I got a dog bone harp worth some 1200... Anyway artifacts can be of great value but you do need a lot of luck.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.
Pages: 1 [2]