Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 632 times)

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Quick question
« on: August 21, 2010, 02:48:31 am »

I recently butchered an eland in adventure mode and wanted to sell some parts. The shopkeeper offered me 9 *currency* on it, but he doesn't give me money ? He actually owes me ?

How does trading work ?... (sorry for newb question)

andfhe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:24:36 am »

I don't really know either... but this is what the wiki knows:

Selling

You can also sell things to traders. Bones, corpses, body parts and rocks are not valuable, no matter how attached you are to a particularly aerodynamic kobold head. Small creatures discovered while Looking Carefully may be worth a small amount of money. In order to sell or buy items, stand adjacent to the shopkeeper in his store, and konverse with the shopkeeper. Select "Trade" and press enter to open the trade window.

Select each non-worthless item you wish to sell, and then set a price using the following formatVerify:

* a asking for 9000☼
    * s +100☼
    * d +10☼
    * f +1☼
    * g reset to 0☼
    * h -1☼ (offering)
    * j -10☼
    * k -100☼
    * l offer 9000☼

The use of these keys may seem non-intuitive, and this is further complicated by the limit on your available offers by your current financial health.

Shopkeepers are used to adventurers with inflated ideas about the value of their goods, so it may be simplest to ask for 9000☼ for your goods, or offer 1☼ for theirs and suggest a trade. The shopkeeper will counteroffer with the actual value of the goods, and will be quite delighted to accept a trade at the price they've just quoted to you. You can then purchase things with your store credit. After the trade sessions, the balance of your coins will appear on a small table next to a chest.

Source: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/40d:Adventurer_mode#Trading#ixzz0xELeIj4t
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.