Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: repopulation/rebuilding  (Read 668 times)

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
repopulation/rebuilding
« on: August 25, 2010, 09:55:31 am »

Do any civilizations build back up during the course of adventure mode, or fortress mode even? Will there be any more births given time, will smashed hovels be rebuilt after the threat has gone?

Every last druid in my world is dead; one had a surviving daughter who's an acolyte, but hasn't promoted to druid yet. I've seen one completely empty town with only one smashed hovel in the corner, otherwise all homes intact and furnished, but only tourists stop through -- is that going to be lived in again? Is my dead hometown going to live again?

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: repopulation/rebuilding
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 10:11:38 am »

It will be dead forever.

Each world and civilization and population will stop doing anything when you stop world generation.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 11:07:12 am »

So the whole "kill that critter/creep/child for our glory" thing kings keep sending you on doesn't actually develop the nation?

EDIT: The population will stop doing anything? This damn warlord died of old age right as I entered town!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:14:55 pm by Dok Enkephalin »

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 03:23:06 pm »

The population will stop doing anything? This damn warlord died of old age right as I entered town!!

the evil aura of physics, dok.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 03:46:03 pm »

It looks like there's a plague of 'natural causes' sweeping the world -- it's 5 years into my career and there's at least one death in most towns, up to 8 in one I've found. I found 6 dead in a temple and thought the holy war had started without me. According to Legends, all died of old age.

Ten_Tacles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 05:02:54 pm »

Once world gen starts, all populations will stop making wars, fights, plundering, and they even stop breeding and getting older (Yes that child is 30 years old).
So after several year playing, all dwarves and humans are doomed to die of old age.
And all goblins and elves you kill, will never get a replacement.
Which isn't really a shame anyway.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 05:52:01 pm »

I'm playing an elf, and I've managed to outlive all my dwarven companions. But if my tribe goes, that's it: I'm taking out everybody.

But as much as I hang out with dwarves, I'll probably get into a drunken fistfight with a load-bearing support and win. Good night.