Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Movie from my childhood that I can't remember the name of.  (Read 651 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Movie from my childhood that I can't remember the name of.
« on: August 20, 2010, 01:51:16 am »

That is the most literal title for a topic I've ever made.

Anyway, this has been haunting me since forever, and I was wondering if any one of the movie literate folks here could help me. This movie was animated, it was in a bizarre black and white style of animation that employed real-life pictures. The antagonist was a large, dark cloud that was slowly eating the world and hunting down the protagonists. There was the presence of an 'evil vault' that tempted people to open it. It was wildly fantastic in nature, and I believe I remember one of the main characters wearing a bowler hat.

I remember deeply enjoying this movie when I was younger, but I simply can't remember the name of it.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Movie from my childhood that I can't remember the name of.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 03:04:39 am »

I THINK  KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN.  The main character was a little boy who could only visit the kingdom in his dreams, and had to save the day by using the king's scepter, a magic spell, and his courage?  Scenes of a flying bed?  Yeah I can't remember the title either.

Actually now I'm not sure... Little Nemo?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 03:08:39 am by Euld »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Movie from my childhood that I can't remember the name of.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:07:20 am »

This movie was animated, it was in a bizarre black and white style of animation that employed real-life pictures.

You mean like the old school Fellowship of the Ring movie? I don't know the name of this movie, but I'm sort of remembering it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti