Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wait what  (Read 872 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Wait what
« on: August 21, 2010, 09:01:29 pm »

I assign all my recruits crossbows. I get them to train. No marksdwarves. Hammer lords and Mace lords aplenty though.
WHYYYYYYYYY?
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Devonus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wait what
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 09:05:57 pm »

they need bolts assighned to them, and they also need a designated archery target. otherwise they beat on each other with their crossbows, which is considered *hammer/mace* training. So, try and get them to train with archery and equip them with silver crossbows, or just give them all hammers

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Re: Wait what
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 10:20:50 pm »

they need bolts assighned to them, and they also need a designated archery target. otherwise they beat on each other with their crossbows, which is considered *hammer/mace* training. So, try and get them to train with archery and equip them with silver crossbows, or just give them all hammers
There is ONE marksdwarf. the marksdwarf is the ONLY DWARF NOT FIRING ARROWS AT ONE OF THE TARGETS.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.