Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I really need a good zombie game.  (Read 4796 times)

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I really need a good zombie game.
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 10:03:43 pm »

Hey, hey, there's no need to be so hostile there.
I was just saying that you posted a bunch of images, and didn't provide a link, unlike what normal people do. Look at everyone else who posted a game. I think you'll find that they provided a link.
That doesn't really help anyone if you don't say what forum it originates from.

Of all the people who suggested games here, only two of them above my comment provided links. I'm frankly quite surprised that you would raise an issue that you can resolve yourself within a few seconds through the use of a search engine. I myself haven't played this, I don't see why aside from giving someone the information about a game I've heard about I need to research it for them too. It would certainly be very nice if I did that, but it is a demand that I go above and beyond the boundaries of common courtesy.

Nevertheless, here it is: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94013
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:08:15 pm by Flare »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 10:26:17 pm »

Above and beyond the bounds of common courtesy would be providing a link in the first post and being nice about it, something you seem to be incapable of.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 10:58:13 pm »

Above and beyond the bounds of common courtesy would be providing a link in the first post and being nice about it, something you seem to be incapable of.

Well I'm glad we agree that you were asking something of me which is at my leisure to do and am in no way obligated by the bounds of common courtesy to comply with :).

Also, Atom Zombie smasher is part of the humble indie bundle, you don't get to play as a zombie, but it does provide something that no other zombie game can do- that of bombing zombies from orbit with ordnance.

There's also this mod for Warband: http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-invasion

A Co-op Multiplayer mod for Mount&Blade Warband. Fight against hordes of zombies, barbarians, goblins or even armies of potato-throwing-zombie-clowns. Take the role of a colonist with a musket, a 17th century heavy armored Sergeant, a macedonian phalangite or a nordic bowman and try to survive against endless waves of evil invaders. The mod features various maps to play on, everyone unique and challenging.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The only game I know of that you can play as a zombie is Urban Dead. It's an MMO browser game, and it pits humans against the zombies in a huge city.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2011, 01:08:08 am »

@Newsmuffin
either hes trolling you or he just dont want to admit his mistakes either way dont bother

its like hes advertising something and he doesnt want to tell you what the name of the product is :-\

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2011, 01:04:36 pm »

All the time you took to pester him for a link you could have probably used to look it up yourself...  Anyways, is there anything after the first world map on SCZ?  I'm about halfway to beating it but its getting pretty meh.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2011, 01:51:01 pm »

Ummm. . . .theres 3 episodes to go through, and you stay in the same city the whole time but the safehouses are switched up, IIRC. The city is also randomly generated, sooo. . . .

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2011, 04:54:04 pm »

Oh I see, and does difficulty ramp up or anything like that?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2011, 04:58:00 pm »

Atom Zombie Smasher is not free, but is great :)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2011, 04:58:39 pm »

All the time you took to pester him for a link you could have probably used to look it up yourself...  Anyways, is there anything after the first world map on SCZ?  I'm about halfway to beating it but its getting pretty meh.

There are three maps IIRC, but I've played it a few years ago. The creepiness tends to escalate in the later half of the game. The difficulty also ramps up, I would suggest you keep a weapon that can continuously plow through a huge zombie horde, IE. one that never stops coming from the sides of the screen.

Atom Zombie Smasher is not free, but is great :)

It's almost free :P, you could be a jerk about it and choose to pay a penny.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2011, 05:03:29 pm »

Gawd, SCZ is so damn hard towards the end of episode 3. You will not survive without a mini-SAW, which is like the best gun in the game. If you can get enough kills in arcade mode, you can unlock a laser gun which doesnt have any speed penalties when firing, unlike the SAW. The game likes to mind-fuck you alot later on, too. I would love to see a sequel, honestly.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2011, 05:49:34 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:43:47 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2011, 06:17:10 pm »

SCZ is working for me; unpacked it into a folder. Mayhaps you mean the exe is not working? It doesnt work on win7/vista; if ye want it to work, just follow these few steps and it'll run perfectly.

http://survivalcrisisz.wikia.com/wiki/Survival_Crisis_Z#Vista_Fix
It still dosen't work.
You followed the 64bit guide, right?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2011, 07:11:32 pm »

@Newsmuffin
either hes trolling you or he just dont want to admit his mistakes either way dont bother

its like hes advertising something and he doesnt want to tell you what the name of the product is :-\

Actually, he's said the name of the mod. He just hasn't put a link.

Seriously, it took me five seconds to google it.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Zombie+apocalypse+arma+2
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2011, 06:33:31 pm »

Bump. I really want to play a Zombie game where you have to survive in the Zombie Infested world, like Cataclysm and Project Zomboid aim to go for.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2011, 11:18:27 pm »

Bump

I tried a lot of zombie games but I'm still hungry for brainz!

I guess I'll just wait until Dead Island.
Pages: 1 2 [3]