Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 839 times)

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Quick Question
« on: August 17, 2010, 11:22:11 pm »

Artifact Horse Bone Battleaxe. awesome or useless? i've not fixed/modded bone strength at all, so it's still at the set values, i.e. as strong as skin.

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 12:04:28 am »

well, it certainly sounds awesome.
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 12:07:00 am »

Useless. Aside from badass points.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 12:54:59 am »

This calls for SCIENCE!
Assign it to a good axeman in a single squad, and pit him against some variously-armored goblin prisoners to see what happens!

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 07:01:57 am »

Since it is useless, what can you do with it? If I recall correctly, military dwarves will never put down an artifact weapon so if one of them gets this, they're going to be pretty useless.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 07:07:30 am »

Artifact Horse Bone Battleaxe. awesome or useless? i've not fixed/modded bone strength at all, so it's still at the set values, i.e. as strong as skin.

Really? I thought Toady fixed that already.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 08:11:47 am »

Since it is useless, what can you do with it? If I recall correctly, military dwarves will never put down an artifact weapon so if one of them gets this, they're going to be pretty useless.

If you don't want to Atom-smash it, maybe you could put it somewhere as Kobold bait?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 08:42:04 am »

if it has high value, intall it as a waepon trap in a noble room or meeting place...
This is a blank sig.

Golcondio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 04:47:47 pm »

I still don't see why he couldn't just give it to a military dwarf and see what happens...

Avaline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 06:04:29 pm »

I still don't see why he couldn't just give it to a military dwarf and see what happens...
Seconded.

It's an axe made out of BONE.  The only way you could make it better is if the handle was made out of elf hide and the blade out of magma!

Use it, and protect the dwarf that gets to own such a wonderful weapon.  Do WHATEVER. IT. TAKES. to get that dwarf to name that weapon.

*revokes Dwarf License from the preceding replies*

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 12:47:01 am »

very small problem.

i have no goblinite. or koboldium even. no ambushes, no sieges, in nine years of gameplay. i've gotten one titan that was a giant firebreathing slug that danced around a bunch of wooden training axe'd guys for about an hour. then my militia commander got enough points to turn into an elite wrestler, at which point he was immediately and bodily torn to small bits. his war dogs are STILL chilling right where he died.. all 42 of them. useless bastards. i could mine out a cavern and fight one of the forgotten beasts, but.. =/ i'm new, still figuring out the surface. and how not to have 14 FPS with 230odd dwarves. also, millitia commander v2.0 has the axe.

edit: nine dwarf years, that is. about a week of realtime. i'm about to save it and go do some adventure mode. (god i miss flux stone.)