Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Starport: Galactic Empires  (Read 5004 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Starport: Galactic Empires
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2010, 03:12:00 pm »

Pirate's Heyday has started!

Corp name is Planepacked, password is 'dwarf'
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2010, 08:14:57 pm »

Ah, Starport, been awhile.

I think I'd like to join in.

EDIT: Name's IR0B0T.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:18:49 pm by Lear »
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2010, 09:09:17 pm »

The Old Republic map is Asteroid-free, and gives everyone a full set of modules (which can't be changed or sold, its all manueverability and speed boosters and transfer between ships). its a perma map,though.
I'm not asking you to play it again, but that map's there if you want to.

Thanks for the heads up, but unfortunately I was a rebang player...I wonder if they're considering an "old-school" rebang for the future.  That might be enough to attract my interest again.  Like I said before, Starport is a good concept, similar to the original Sid Meier's Pirates but in space.  I'm just a little bit burnt on the execution.

KG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2010, 11:23:18 pm »

Can't really say on the community, though the majority I saw earlier said hi if I happened upon them. (Note: names with spaces in them are NPCs. feel free to attack 'um if you want, but get lotsa sheilds first)

Yes, there are tokens ("admiral's club"). can buy nukes (I think theres an alternate way to get them, though.), can buy credits and fuel with the tokens as well, though I'd say thats cheating. Not really disadvantaged unless you find a jerk with nukes, or act like one near someone with nukes.

But yeah, download the thing and I can help ya, though probably only through chat /tell you, because I'll be working on making us at least 1 decent, very well defended colony nowhere near Sol tomorrow, and don't feel like wasting fuel to just to meet you in Sol unless theres no closer starbase to get Laser Cannons and Mines from.

Make sure you're in Planepacked before you land on our planet, though. otherwise you'll get blasted to pieces.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2010, 01:03:55 am »

heh i remember this game i spent countless hours building up my colonys only to have them taken by a company in the top 10 EVERY SINGLE M#@$%(!@#$!@# TIME!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2010, 01:07:52 am »

build farther away, or in dead-ends. works for me usually.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2010, 12:13:05 pm »

heh i remember this game i spent countless hours building up my colonys only to have them taken by a company in the top 10 EVERY SINGLE M#@$%(!@#$!@# TIME!

An unfortunate downside of having an MMO based mostly on skill...there are some insane invaders out there who slide fully-lasered, full power solar colonies for fun.  :o   Upside is that once you start to learn how to invade yourself, it is pretty fun...

KG
Pages: 1 2 [3]