Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trap foes in the caverns?  (Read 779 times)

Vicid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trap foes in the caverns?
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:14:03 pm »

Hello,

I just started playing the new version.  When I ran into a cavern I was unable to wall it off before a some kind of giant C tore apart my entire fort.

Anyway, has anyone tried to trap an invasion force inside the caverns?  I figured if you had an entrance to your fort (the rest having been closed off once the siege started) that included a few long retractable bridges over a pit into the caverns I'd be really easy.

How deadly are the caverns? Would a pack of gobbos die in there quickly or be able to handle themselves?  I'm hoping in time my own pacification of the caverns might be mad easier if the goblins had already cleared it out then died of infection.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
Re: Trap foes in the caverns?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 12:18:45 pm »

How deadly are the caverns? Would a pack of gobbos die in there quickly or be able to handle themselves?  I'm hoping in time my own pacification of the caverns might be mad easier if the goblins had already cleared it out then died of infection.

You might want to check what the "C" is with v, k, or u.

Anyway...
An ambush squad would survive for long, unless maybe facing something serious (forgotten beast, several jabberers or crawlers, very numerous animal men...).
A full on siege (crapload of gobs, and crapload of cave critters as mounts and crapload of trolls) would survive without any problems, unless you connect them to what you get by digging too deep.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 01:16:19 pm »

They can still escape from the sides. You'll need to build walls to prevent them from escaping off the map from caverns.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 01:29:04 pm »

If you wall of the edges then there is a big risk that they kill of everything down there.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 01:31:54 pm »

Ah, and I was talking about goblins and humans.

Elves would be slaughtered in a funny fashion.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

The Yellow Peril

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 02:04:29 pm »

They would probably survive forever. I once released the HFS into a massive goblin siege (over 100 goblins), and the goblins came incredibly close to winning - so that gives you an idea of the strength they have.