Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Free silk needed!  (Read 950 times)

jerank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Free silk needed!
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:47:00 am »

In a five-year fortress of mine, one of my dwarves was just taken by a strange mood and ran off to grab a clothiers workshop. The problem is, she wants cave spider silk and none currently exists (I havn't tunneled down to the underground yet, and have no military to do so). Normally I'd take the penalty of one crazy dwarf, except she happens to have around five children, who are all friends with just about every other dwarf I possess. If mummy goes mad and dies, they'll eventually die, and a tantrum spiral will be just around the corner. I need a way to get free cave spider silk and I need it right now! I was thinking of modding the smelter reactions, but all I get is a useless item called 'cloth' that absolutely nobody will use. How do I alter this?

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: Free silk needed!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:47:41 pm »

if you add
Code: [Select]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SILK:SILK_TEMPLATE]
[WEBBER:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SILK]
to a creature, they'll make silk just like a cave spider will.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free silk needed!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 07:07:45 pm »

Hmmm cat spitting silk interesting hahaha
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?