Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 48 Hour sucession fortress ?  (Read 903 times)

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
48 Hour sucession fortress ?
« on: August 16, 2010, 06:56:23 pm »

So do these kinds of things work ? A player has two days in real time to do what they will with the fort, and hands the reins over after 48 hours, no matter how long in dwarfy time they have had. I have limited patience, so I'm not sure about waiting weeks and weeks for my turn to come. If they do work, does anybody fancy having a go ? I have not played any sucession forts before, so i don't really know what challenges they present. 

Edit because of my terrible speeling.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:16:56 am by Tsarwash »
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: 48 Hour secession fortress ?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:17:07 pm »

That's the Sparkgear principle, I believe - although it's usually 24 hours instead of 48.
くコ:彡

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:37:03 pm »

So do these kinds of things work ? A player has two days in real time to do what they will with the fort, and hands the reins over after 48 hours, no matter how long in dwarfy time they have had. I have limited patience, so I'm not sure about waiting weeks and weeks for my turn to come. If they do work, does anybody fancy having a go ? I have not played any secession forts before, so i don't really know what challenges they present.
Before my brain bleeds, please- it's "succession".

But, yes, as had been said, that's the Sparkgear thing, and I don't recommend it for your first succession game.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 01:12:42 am »

Read any SparkGear fort. They're all linked in the Hall of Legends (all thirteen of them). Such a style leads to untold mayhem and terrible beauty.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!