Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does the Captain of the Guard still require a certain number of guards?  (Read 589 times)

HexagonalBolts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey all, came back after a long and upsetting break from my love affair with dwarf fortress now that training is vaguely fixed. I'm sure I remember before that the captain of the guard would require a certain amount of guards to be happy, and you could see that number somewhere - yet I can no longer see that number, or an obvious way to create fortress guards (I presume you just make them recruits under the captain of the guard).

Thanks in advance,
'bolts

HexagonalBolts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Does the Captain of the Guard still require a certain number of guards?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 07:45:53 am »

bump - sorry to bring up such an old thread but I still don't know the answer! A simple 'no' would make me happy

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:02:59 pm »

I cant be certain. But I assumed you just assigned as man as you can spar under the military menu. I had i think 7-8 and he didn't have a problem, on my fort of 80. I dont know much more. I had a lot of fun, accidental realizing I pierced a my lava forge from below, and flooded the bottom half of my fort with lava, and while making my prison for him.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:54:28 pm »

My captain of the guard didn't have any subordinates but I didn't notice a bad thought from it.  Granted, I didn't pay him very much attention.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 11:45:15 pm »

The captain of the guard no longer requires any number of guards. Nor do the Hammerer/nobles require a certain number of Royal Guards. Besides, you can't have more than 10 of each either way.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod