Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A raw edit help request.  (Read 510 times)

Marsunpaistii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A raw edit help request.
« on: August 12, 2010, 06:29:28 am »

Well, I need help in raw editing a little. I need to know how can I edit my raws so that my butchers can butcher tame animals corpses. I didnt find any file to edit to make my cows not get tame when they get born. This is because I'm building an automated butcher tower that I saw in some thread (drops cows 30 z-levels and then butchers on the bottom butcher the corpses) but I can't because the cows cant be butchered when they are tame.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A raw edit help request.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:33:14 am »

Animals can be butchered when tame. Pets, I believe, can not be butchered, even when dead (clarify?). If they are pets ( if they have name), then there is nothing you can do about it, but if they are just tame they can be butchered. Tame just means neither wild nor hostile.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 05:47:12 pm »

The cows can perfectly well be buchered when tame, even when dead. There is no need to raw-edit. Make sure your cows are not pets, and make sure they do not have [CAN_LEARN] and [CAN_SPEAK].

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 11:21:49 pm »

Tame animals can be butchered, as mentioned before. Stupid question:

Do you have

A) a dwarf with the butchery labor enabled
B) a butcher's shop, and
C) a refuse stockpile to put corpses into and pull them from to the butcher's shop?

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't mean to be insulting or anything like that. I apologize if this is in fact, a stupid question. It's just that...well...sometimes we all forget the simple things. See the Facepalm thread for more info on that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting