Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suicide booths - detailed explanations wanted.  (Read 1575 times)

Kanddak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suicide booths - detailed explanations wanted.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 09:11:07 am »

Normally I drain waterfalls into a pump stack that puts the water right back into the top of the waterfall.
Hydrodynamics Education - read this before being confused about fluid behaviors

The wiki is notoriously inaccurate on subjects at the cutting edge, frequently reflecting passing memes, folklore, or the word on the street instead of true dwarven science.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 09:40:15 am »

easy

wwwl
w l d
l=lever
d=door
w=wall

It works quite simple: you make the dwarf pull the lever which closes the door. This simply will make the dwarf unable to leave and he/she will die of hunger/dehydration.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 10:00:40 am »

You can set a lower population cap in the init too.

There's a lot of ways to kill dwarfs, probably the best way for a lot of them to die is for you to change your mind and want to keep them, that will ensure a grisly death for each and every one.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

BlackRat90

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 12:27:44 pm »

I have a anti pet booth i came up with...
wall: =
bridge: -
door: D
Level: L
Door that pets cant get through: |
=====
D---|  L
=====

The dwarf goes to pull the level and his pets get stuck on the bridge, you link the bridge to the level and then the pets fall to there deaths...this could perhaps be modded to fit dwarfs.

But i prefer to send my extra dwarfs into the military....

Lezowski

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 12:46:13 pm »

Can't you just trap a dwarf in a one square room on top of a weapon trap? When the dwarf eventually goes to sleep, he'll fall down into the trap.

Or like another poster has said, designate a lever to only the dwarf that is going to get killed. When he/she pulls it, he/she will get impaled by upright spikes.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 02:40:48 pm »

Or like another poster has said, designate a lever to only the dwarf that is going to get killed. When he/she pulls it, he/she will get impaled by upright spikes.

Isn't it impossible to build a lever and a spike trap on the same tile?

If you want to remove dwarves in a way that might potentially gain you competent soldiers, have them train unarmored with the best weapons you can beg, borrow, or steal. War hammers are preferred since you won't have body parts lying everywhere taking up refuse stockpile space.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 02:53:48 pm »

Can't you just trap a dwarf in a one square room on top of a weapon trap? When the dwarf eventually goes to sleep, he'll fall down into the trap.

I once tried this with cage traps in 40d.  The dwarf simply refused to go to sleep, and died of thirst while hungry and exhausted.  It's a pretty terrible torture chamber when you think about it; you can't sleep or the traps will get you, but meanwhile you're slowly wasting away.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 [2]