Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurer Teleporting!  (Read 1315 times)

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurer Teleporting!
« on: August 13, 2010, 05:37:44 pm »

So I'm relatively new to DF 2010 and the forum and the weirdest thing happened to me.

Originally I had made a new adventurer to explore the fortress I had just abandoned and after realising I hadn't opened the front bridge and the only other way in now covered by a frozen river (I had managed to dam it) I picked up a Goblin hanging around there and went off.

Deciding I didn't want to have a scummy Goblin following me around everywhere I came out of fast travel in the middle of no-where to murder him quietly so I pressed [A] next to him. As well as seeing my Goblin companion on the list of who to attack, I also saw a few crundles there. Curious I attacked a crundle and all of a sudden I was in a cavern 9 z-levels below ground surrounded by crundles. So now my adventurer is wandering around the cavern on a huge crundle hunt. I wonder if he can find his way out...

Here's the combat/announcement log thingy. Notice how I attack the crundle before discovering the cavern. Sorry I haven't any better screen shots but I was too interested at the time :D

Is this a known bug? And has this been discussed before?

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Teleporting!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 05:47:11 pm »

Yeah this bug has been around for a while now, creatures standing directelly over another creature many z-levels below with many floors/walls in between can suddenly attack them. In 40d there was some stuff about a lasher killing off an underground fortress from above ground, and I also had an adventurer teleport into the caverns. Apparentelly the game assumes you standing next to it, so when the combat moves you some way, colliding in your case, it puts you down there.

First time I got to the 2nd layer of cavern with an adventurer too, was fun, but eventualy had to suicide because I couldnt get out.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Teleporting!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:50:06 pm »

What Grimlocke said. Adventurer mode Z levels are a little screwy.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.