Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Team DwarfFortress 2  (Read 3106 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Team DwarfFortress 2
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 10:07:58 pm »

Flamethrower/grenades a must have. No questions.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 03:45:50 am »

Flamethrower/grenades a must have. No questions.
No GRENADES please

flamethrower is cool though
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 11:38:23 am »

The fireaxe too. Along with the equalizer (for the love of god). And the sandvitch. And the kukri fits.

Hmm, try to make a 2fort style map only underground in the caverns. There would be a magma sea, a normal sea, a dwarf fortress, a demon fortress, maybe a bottomless pit, a purple glowing pit, a bunch of underground plants, and a cardboard tentacle demon stand up.

There should be adequate cover behind the stalagmites (or the ones that come out of the ground) and tower caps. It should be lit well.

The dwarf fortress should have a clear glass wall in the resupply room for sunlight to enter (because we all know we put our barracks aboveground. There should be a short walk downstairs through some short tunnels into a mine. The mine should go a short way to the caverns. The caverns would lead to the outside of the demon fortress. The demon fortress has many winding hallways to the central room. Definitely CP.

One for the center of the dwarf fortress. One for the mines, one for the caverns, one for half way through the demon fortress, one for full way through the demon fortress.

The only problem is that I cant think of enough content for the demon fortress.
Meowth! That's right!

Xenxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 03:18:44 pm »

Hi sorry for not replying for a while. I haven't got very far on the map yet only some outside and a custom skybox (its all black for a dwarf fortress feel) Im thinking of adding the dwarf fortress music in as background music for the map. And about it being a problem to be blocky like the pl_minecraft map. Like dwarf fortress all blocks will be big enough for a heavy to stand up in they are all 128x128 in hammer units (the map editor).

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 05:13:53 am »

It's quite fitting that in TF2, all classes from scout to heavy have the same box size >:D
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 10:13:38 am »

I just wanted to show people this post on the tf2 blog.

also, scouts and heavies don't have the same hitbox, as far as I know.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.
Pages: 1 [2]