Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do you get your equips?  (Read 967 times)

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
How do you get your equips?
« on: August 07, 2010, 03:49:44 pm »

I know you usually only start with bronze, but is there any way other than making a fort there and abandoning it to get equips in like, steel?

How do you guys do this?

EDIT:

Just found a dwarf fort with full adamatine.
This'll be fun.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:08:37 pm by eclipsetail »

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: How do you get your equips?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 05:46:36 pm »

Well, at the moment, they only race with stores are humans, and humans only have bronze arms and armor. So the only ways I can think of other than raiding an abandoned fort are

1) Starting as a dwarf, they SHOULD be able to start with steel but I'm not sure.

2) Find a dwarf NPC and steal his armor. But if starting as a dwarf doesn't get you steel armor, these guys probably won't have steel either.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 04:09:38 am »

Whenever I start out with a dwarf, my armor is all over the place. I'd have a copper breast plate with steel chainmail, copper gauntlets and leggings, and an iron helmet, and a bronze weapon.
That's why I play almost exclusively human. Bronze everything.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 08:17:26 pm »

I know you usually only start with bronze, but is there any way other than making a fort there and abandoning it to get equips in like, steel?

How do you guys do this?

Back in 40d, I modded Orcs to be the same size as humans. Steel gear was simply a matter of going over to a dark fortress and murdering a few of them.

Which was actually very difficult.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Nix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 09:18:07 pm »

Well, I like to reserve this for "Play Now" characters (because of their abysmal starting gear and their low stats, which make getting better gear through combat a bit more difficult). Behold the wonder...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:26:31 pm by Nix »