Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Little Help  (Read 561 times)

CapnKorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Little Help
« on: August 09, 2010, 06:47:20 pm »

Ok, so I got a couple of mods and place the txt files into the RAW thing. Then when I make a new world it crashes on placing civilizations, or just doesn't affect the game in any way.

For example, one file says "b_detail_plan_default". I place it in the RAW with the body_default but nothing is changed in the game, no new parts or whatever. But when I rename that same file "body_default" the game crashes when civilizations are about to be placed.

Help anyone?

Also, I tried searching for help and couldn't find anything.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Little Help
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 06:52:46 pm »

this seems similar to the cotton thing... it wouldn't work unless it was named a cottn plant...
I forget the thread, but if it's just the naming of a file that crashes the game, it's something it cant handle

CapnKorin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 07:04:07 pm »

The funny thing is though, the only things the mod affects are the specific units that are supposed to have the extra parts.

The mod is supposed to affect ALL creatures, male and female.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 09:27:19 am »

Your problem is that your file name should match the first line in the file, so you cannot rename files without changing that line.

It has nothing to do with cottn and it's just a RAW rule :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 12:02:59 pm »

Are you sure that you can just switch the b_detail_ to body_? I know it's probably the first line, but I thought inorganics had to begin with inorganic_, etc.