Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Undead Army V1  (Read 2855 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Army V1
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 05:39:49 pm »

why is it that no matter how many times i generate a new world... zombies are the only things living!!! i cant go on a adventure mode cause no human civs exist
Hardcore zombies are hardcore.
Also, could you make the zombies give a like -1000 thought so that it is almost guaranteed that eventually dorfs go insane. You could blame a slow acting virus that works differently for different people.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 05:43:03 pm »

Its probably more the ghouls and skeletons than anything... Ghouls are really fast and knock you out of they scratch you at all and Skeletons are pretty damn durable.  Zombies just make you sick and if they bite you, you'll die without treatment.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 10:26:06 pm »

Hey Summoner, I might use this mod for a succession game in a month or so, so could you give me an idea of the number of zombies it produces?

As in, usually in a haunted biome you get maybe 10-15 zombies a year. In a terrifying biome, it's probably more. I'd just like to have an idea of how often I can expect these guys to be standing around my walls, and how many at a time.

I'm not much into the modding side of DF, so forgive me if this is kinda a newbie question.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2010, 12:13:17 am »

They're siegers... think goblins, but stronger.

If you use what I have in the first post, they'll only attack in autumn and winter, but thats easy to change.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 12:16:03 am »

They're siegers... think goblins, but stronger.

If you use what I have in the first post, they'll only attack in autumn and winter, but thats easy to change.

Ah, so they'll be big hordes periodically that come in, sulk around for a while, then leave. Great, that's what I was hoping for. I'll give you a heads up when I use this in my succession game (it's a while out yet, but I'll be sure to credit you when I do get it started.)

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 11:13:50 am »

Just set a rule for your game that you can't wall yourself off from attacks and that all traps must be triggered either by lever or pressure plate.  They have no fear, so they won't retreat no matter how many you slaughter.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 01:25:33 pm »

Just set a rule for your game that you can't wall yourself off from attacks and that all traps must be triggered either by lever or pressure plate.  They have no fear, so they won't retreat no matter how many you slaughter.
Actually, I was thinking that the rule be: you must wall yourself off IMMEDIATELY. No caravans/migrants, sort of a romero-style abandoned mall thing.

TheSummoner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010, 01:30:04 pm »

That works too.  Just a shame the zombies aren't smart enough to find a way in...

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 06:17:35 pm »

Aight, TheSummoner, I'm setting up the game here. Just giving you a head's up.

Pages: 1 [2]