Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I know the truth!  (Read 1352 times)

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I know the truth!
« on: August 06, 2010, 06:19:09 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is actually part of a government mind-control program. As you play more and more you slip into a trance, then they come for you! They hook you up to a Matrix-like machine, only instead of harvesting power or some BS, they are running Dwarf Fortress ON YOUR BRAIN! The goal? So the government can run their game of Dwarf Fortress faster, obviously. 8)
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
Re: I know the truth!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 06:32:18 pm »

If I had to choose between playing DF in my mind for the rest of my life or picking a fight against small, stout, bearded machines trying to kill me for leaving the Dwarftrix, I'd totally choose the blue pill.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 06:36:01 pm »

If I had to choose between playing DF in my mind for the rest of my life or picking a fight against small, stout, bearded machines trying to kill me for leaving the Dwarftrix, I'd totally choose the blue pill.

....... sig'd.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 07:09:48 pm »

What is the point of this thread? I hate to do something I normally complain about, but this seems exceedingly pointless.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 07:36:59 pm »

What is the point of this thread? I hate to do something I normally complain about, but this seems exceedingly pointless.

Yeah I know, right?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 08:08:31 pm »

I forgot. Blue pill puts you away, right?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 02:21:10 am »

I wonder what insane things would play out in my brains.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 02:29:52 am »

Dwarf Fortress is actually part of a government mind-control program. As you play more and more you slip into a trance, then they come for you! They hook you up to a Matrix-like machine, only instead of harvesting power or some BS, they are running Dwarf Fortress ON YOUR BRAIN! The goal? So the government can run their game of Dwarf Fortress faster, obviously. 8)

Well only 5-10% of the population are sensative to such techniques. Adding in that subliminal's have had mixed information in being unreliable. It isn't the best way to do brainwashing.

ALSO one human brain has waaay more then enough power to run Dwarf Fortress but it works just fine on really high end computers. Except the government already has computers far outside the range of high end computers.

THEN finally add in that a super computer would run Dwarf Fortress just as good as a even greater super computer and you see that the requirements arn't that large.

Even then however you cannot convert someone's brain so easily to Dwarf Fortress. Even though the computing power of the brain is immense it does so through several chemical reactions to create short-cuts.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 02:40:35 am »

Yeah I know, right?

It's not the same if your avatar is not looking smug. Mine just lacks the expression, the essence of "Humph". I don't know if it's just me, but, your avatar isn't showing up at all, so this thread is just doomed to be out of control.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 02:48:42 am »

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 03:07:01 am »

Ooooh, that's good. The SD version has at least 20% more "Humph."
quib·ble

DDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Frogatto
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 03:32:00 am »

If I'm in the dwarftrix... damn, I could swear I was smarter than 21fps. ???
Il Palazzo: "Urist, quick, grab your ax! There's a troll rampaging through the decimal conversion chambers!"
melomel: DF is like OCD candy, isn't it? existent: No, DF is like the stranger in the trench coat offering the candy.

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 10:06:18 am »

Well only 5-10% of the population are sensative to such techniques. Adding in that subliminal's have had mixed information in being unreliable. It isn't the best way to do brainwashing.

ALSO one human brain has waaay more then enough power to run Dwarf Fortress but it works just fine on really high end computers. Except the government already has computers far outside the range of high end computers.

THEN finally add in that a super computer would run Dwarf Fortress just as good as a even greater super computer and you see that the requirements arn't that large.

Even then however you cannot convert someone's brain so easily to Dwarf Fortress. Even though the computing power of the brain is immense it does so through several chemical reactions to create short-cuts.

Then the reason they would need the awesome computing power of the human brain over their best super computers would mean they have millions of dwarves.  My guess is that they are test running America on DF first to see how it goes.  Let's hope there aren't any random cave-ins near our personal dwarf reps.