Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Your most badass non-military dwarves  (Read 1201 times)

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Your most badass non-military dwarves
« on: August 05, 2010, 08:19:06 pm »

We all know trained soldiers are capable of incredible acts of bravery, heroism and just downright badassery. But if a completely untrained civilian does the same... well, that's just a category of its own.

So, post here all the heroic or simply badass things your civilian dwarves have ever done!

For example, here's one from me:

A glassworker bumped into a kobold thief, armed with a dagger. Rather than run away like most dwarves would, he attacked the beast, proceeded to choke him and throw him around (all this while getting stabbed) then punched him in the face so hard, it shattered his skull and killed him. By the time the military arrived, the thief was dead.

Bhaalspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most badass non-military dwarves
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:26:14 pm »

damn...that's pretty badass. how was the glassmaker?

We all know trained soldiers are capable of incredible acts of bravery, heroism and just downright badassery. But if a completely untrained civilian does the same... well, that's just a category of its own.

So, post here all the heroic or simply badass things your civilian dwarves have ever done!

For example, here's one from me:

A glassworker bumped into a kobold thief, armed with a dagger. Rather than run away like most dwarves would, he attacked the beast, proceeded to choke him and throw him around (all this while getting stabbed) then punched him in the face so hard, it shattered his skull and killed him. By the time the military arrived, the thief was dead.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:32:35 pm »

*Facepalm*

Bhaalspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:36:31 pm »

I'm pretty sure the next lines would be...

"The Glassworker punches The Kobold Thief in the lower body with his left hand, bursting the gut and ripping out the pancreas!"

"The Glassworker cancels fight: searching for onions"

Tsarwash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:40:40 am »

Lest night I had a goblin seige. A small amount of hilarity meant that my ten trained dwarves went out to confront them at different times. Thus a few were stricken down by marksmen. One badass lady managed 18 kills. Whilst still holding her baby. I would like to nominate that baby and the most badass I have ever seen. Kept her head down in the middle of a slaughter of 50 gobbo's and trolls.
On the left a cannon which shoots dwarf children into the sun, on the right, a massive pit full of magma charred dwarfs and elves.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 06:10:16 am »

One of my miners was attacked next to a chasm by a giant cave swallow.

He was wearing rope reed clothes, no armor, nothing.

The swallow tore off his leg, then started nibbling at the dwarf. My military was way too far to help him, so I wrote him off.
A while later, I noticed dwarves dragging him to his bed.
Huuuh?

-r-

Turns out he bit the swallow until the animal passed out: the giant cave swallow then fell into the chasm, never to come back.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

sinister agent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Lonely as a Mushroom Cloud
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 08:11:30 pm »

In my first fort, after my military bravely impaled themselves on goblin weapons, I rush-drafted the nearest civilians I could find.  Two miners did well, naturally, but the real star of the show was the carpenter who singlehandedly choked two fully armed and armoured goblins to death, and chased after a third as he ran away.  They didn't even land a blow on him.

Then there was the dwarf (I think a craftsman, I honestly forget) who went berserk, and managed to fight half a dozen war dogs with his bare hands.  Even with all his limbs and hands torn open, his head cut open, blood pouring from everywhere and two war dogs chewing on his head and arm, he kicked two of them to death and broke another one's throat open.  He kept going even after exhaustion set in and the guard arrived to find the dogs chewing his face.  They speared him a few times, and he responded by passing out, then crash tackling one last dog before bleeding to death.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 09:38:54 pm »

I used  to throw prisoners at my nobles to check their worthiness for nobility.  When my tax collector had 8 kills I moved him into the barons quarters.

I also had a nightwing that chased one of my metalsmiths around on the surface for about 6 months.  I had no military so I assumed he was doomed to run himself to death.  Migrants turn up, a woodcutter takes one look at the situation and hacks both wings and then the head off the nightwing, shoulders his axe and dawdles off to get a drink. 

That glassmaker was damn badass though, he had his arm right down the goblins throat
If life gives you lemons, burn them.