Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Easiest way to make a military group?  (Read 1130 times)

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Easiest way to make a military group?
« on: September 02, 2010, 05:32:51 pm »

I need to make a military group that uses iron weapons and armor. What is the easiest way to do this?

Firehawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Easiest way to make a military group?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 06:37:34 pm »

Reading the wiki is the easiest way.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 08:55:01 pm »

I can't find where it says clearly how to tell them to go to a point. I assigned 5 dwarves to a new squad, created a uniform and assigned it squad-wide (and yes I do believe I have all of the items they need). Now how do I tell them to go to a certain point in the map?

Avaline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 09:06:35 pm »

'S' key lets you access the squad menu.  From there you can Station a squad to a certain point right away or tell them to kill something. 

There's a way to make that automated (as in, this month X squad will guard THIS spot)  but it's messy to setup.  The squad menu is a nice quick "Ok, go here right now!" you probably are really after.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 04:16:20 pm »

If they do have pets you can easily build a pet-separator. Just create some pet forbidden doors that lead to a room with a lever or some such which links to a hatch right in front of the door. The hatch obviously needs to have a hole underneath it leading into the cat-pit or whatever you would call it. And if you see any remote reason you would want the animals back out of the pit just set up a drawbridge or maybe a floodgate (but not another locked door- they will obsess over trying to go through it.)
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.