Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Killer childs?  (Read 742 times)

Rkui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Killer childs?
« on: August 03, 2010, 06:28:47 pm »

I have 2 childs staying at the border of the map with a strange kill job, they aparently want to kill a human... They are funny because they wear some metal armor (like only one boot lol), have some metal bars in hands and other strange stuff.
They will probably go see mom and dab when they are hungry, but wait no they are hungry, i'm begining to be anxious...
The guy probaly stole them some toys lol

Anyone had this kind of behavior?

Saposhiente

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGINEER]
    • View Profile
Re: Killer childs?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 09:27:32 pm »

Maybe a glitch assigned military orders to the wrong dwarves, who, being children, did not have the same Things To Interact With List and used the things in their places, and then they just sit around doing nothing because they don't they don't have the AI to handle the job?
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'
Fun

armadilloHD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 09:31:19 pm »

Just saying, that's fucking creepy as hell.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 10:44:50 pm »

Is it possible they got a strange mood? I've gotten children with moods before, and they've been very strange in their requirements, so perhaps what you're seeing is a fell mood gone awry.

I'd say be ready in case they can't wrestle an armed human to death with their bare, childlike hands. Do you have any marksdwarves?

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 01:02:05 am »

You should name them "Inigo" and "Montoya"

edit: that is. of course. if the human they want dead killed their fathers. if not you should kill them and frame the human
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 01:06:51 am by Aspgren »
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Rkui

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 02:53:44 am »

Just saying, that's fucking creepy as hell.
Ye :p
The strange part is that i think some are from soldiers (i don't care if my soldier are female and often some are runnning around with babies), and i thinks thats why thery like metal armor...

And yes i think its a glinch it happened when i was sending some squads around the map when few ambush spawned with some theif, and i got few childs with mood, in fact its pretty common now.
I think i'll send a bug report if they die from starving or something.

Bad news i lost the save, i just forgot to rename the folder region# so it didn't save, it backed up from the last season save, a shame.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 03:02:36 am by Rkui »