Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fiesta - who can tell me about it?  (Read 1146 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fiesta - who can tell me about it?
« on: August 03, 2010, 07:54:21 pm »

I'm considering trying out Fiesta. It looks like free-to-play, microtransaction-based WoW clone with anime graphics.

How is it? Is it fun? Is it practical to play without paying for it? Any B12ers already have a guild?

Last game of this sort I tried was fun for the first week until I reached the end of the free content and then suddenly there was nothing to do.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Fiesta - who can tell me about it?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 08:33:50 pm »

I don't remember if I have tried that one.

But if you want some quality F2P try DDO or Anarchy Online.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 08:39:51 pm »

It's fairly fun, especially if you have friends to play with. The text is fairly... engrish-y, but understandable. As far as I know all of the content is free and the micro-transactions are limited to items. I group of my friends and I played (a few times a week) for a few months and didn't run out of content, so that's good enough for me. We eventually ended up moving on (probably mainly because of a night spent getting way too drunk, playing Fiesta, and playing Dokapon Kingdom all at the same time. FUN, but a great way to kill games, when you associate them with... the unfortunate side-effects of too much alcohol), but it was fairly fun while it lasted. All in all, I'd put it middle-to-high on the list of Eastern F2P MMOs I've played, but I think it'd rank lower if I didn't have friends to play with.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 08:59:19 pm »

It's fairly fun, especially if you have friends to play with

Ok. Sounds like a contender for a bay12 guild then. Who else wants to give it a try with me?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 08:01:10 am »

Looks suspisciously like Mabinogi, but I think Fiesta came first, so it's probably the other way around. Mabi has lower graphics quality(Nexon tries to make games for lower-end systems), part if which is from compressing/decompressing on the fly. Looking at the Fiesta trailer, Mabi seems to have more emphasis on storyline than general ass-kicking.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 09:08:15 am »

Sorry to be the guy to say it but, google.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 10:06:16 pm »

Sorry to be the guy to say it but, google.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but bay12 forum-goers routinely group up and play games together. DDO, astroempires, Illyraid...

I was pretty much assuming that there were already half a dozen b12ers playing Fiesta and simply noone had bothered to post about it yet. If there was already a bay12 guild of a particular faction on a particular server, I'd want to join that server and play that faction. Like you saw in the original post, I clearly asked if anyone here already had a guild.

That's not the sort of thing you find from a google search.