Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question regarding RTD rulesets.  (Read 1077 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question regarding RTD rulesets.
« on: August 14, 2010, 05:53:49 pm »

Hey, I'm just saying that in my browsing of old RTDs I've seen a few OPs quoting the RTD ruleset and maxicaxi quoted it in some other post. I've also heard that Jackrabbit made some ruleset, although that may have been for a particular type of RTD.

So, does anybody know what post or whatever those are being quoted from? I tried the wiki which was no help, doing a google search didn't get me anywhere. Interestingly though, a search for the terms RTD ruleset had the first hit on these very forums. I'm just curious about where those origionated from as I want to check them out.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 05:59:29 pm by smjjames »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding RTD rulesets.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 05:58:19 pm »

Most likely someone made it for their game and they were quoted and the quoter was quoted and so on and so forth until the source was lost. It happens.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 06:08:50 pm »

I remember that it was quoted from an outside source originally(at least I think).

I remember that it was in either penguinofhonor's RTD, Jackrabbit's RTD(though I think that one is too recent), or Sean Mirrsen's Multiworld Madness.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 06:09:54 pm »

Yeah, multiworld madness has three quotes, one from what is referred to as the "standardized ruleset 1.0" or some such thing.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 06:22:13 pm »

From what I can tell, RickVoid seems to have started the whole RTD fad, but I don't know whether the origional post had gotten eaten or what. The most recent one that has those quotes I'm talking about is Frelocks PUC RTD.

I haven't looked at all of the ones that I've pulled up in separate browser windows yet. I'm just looking around to see how other RTDs (especially some of the longer running ones) dealt with combat, and I've seen a basic commonality. I had seen those quoted rulesets a couple times, and so I got curious.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 07:59:31 pm »

The quotes are completely junk.  They're made up in both Sean and my case.  There is no "standard rule set" or anything like that; it's just whatever the GM decides.  The quotes are there for the same reason you quote rules in tacticus.

However, Shadow is correct in that RTD did not originate on our forums; though it certainly wasn't big until it reached here.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:17:33 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.