Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ocean Fishing  (Read 4206 times)

CarrKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ocean Fishing
« on: July 29, 2010, 07:08:15 am »

I wonder why all my fishermen seem clueless about fishing in the ocean. This doesn't happen for all ocean maps, so it's very weird. I can't define fishing zones anywhere.
Is it maybe because the sea is evil? I can see jellyfishes in the waters

Brandon816

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ocean Fishing
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:55:51 am »

I wonder why all my fishermen seem clueless about fishing in the ocean. ... I can see jellyfishes in the waters
How large are the jellyfish? I mean, if you saw this

in the ocean, would you try to fish there? Just another example that the dwarves are becoming self aware.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 11:24:27 am »

you can automate the fishing program for large fish by making way by which water can enter (something you can shut off) a grate and a drain.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Jayce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 06:18:29 pm »

Or just do what i did and dug a hole from the sea bed to a massive underground cavern,then have your dwarfs just pick the fish up.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 07:35:49 pm »

In my experience, only tropical oceans yield fish. For some reason all the temperate oceans I have embarked have had no fish. Keep in mind that the fish you catch are actually vermin you can't see. Creatures you see floating through the water such as jellyfish and sharks aren't caught through fishing. For that you need a draining chamber.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.