Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fell Moods (spoilers)  (Read 326 times)

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fell Moods (spoilers)
« on: July 31, 2010, 08:46:36 pm »

I have never had one, but a question occurred to me recently.

When the moody dwarfs goes to procure materials, will the chosen dwarf put a fight, or will the moody dwarf just poke him with mood voodoo and he'll drop dead?
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Fell Moods (spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:58:48 pm »

IIRC it's the same as a butcher shop. Dwarf is dragged over with a ? flashing and killed at the workshop.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Fell Moods (spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 10:01:02 pm »

It isn't even like butchering - the fell mood dwarf simply walks up to the victim and instakills him wherever he stands, then drags the corpse to the workshop. It even uses a distinct message ("Urist McVictim has been murdered by Vucar McFellMood") rather than the usual "has been struck down" message.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:05:03 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.