Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Megaproject philosophy  (Read 2066 times)

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Megaproject philosophy
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 11:06:42 pm »

Quick question on a related note, I haven't been able to bump up the speed much in DF2010. Adding a speed:0 tag didn't do anything, but changing the agility values did. Any ideas?

Try Speed:1 and remember that a dwarf with deplorably slow natural speed [due to being from a pre-31.12 fortress] will always be slow.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 06:28:02 am »

Quick question on a related note, I haven't been able to bump up the speed much in DF2010. Adding a speed:0 tag didn't do anything, but changing the agility values did. Any ideas?

Are you changing the save folder's raws, or the game folder's main raws? The latter will only take effect when creating a new world. If you've been changing the save raws, [SPEED:0] ought to work fine.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 07:49:43 am »

Agility is a modifier of SPEED.  Basically, Agility 5000 will halve whatever the SPEED value is, so SPEED is a far more potent change than agility is.  If changing speed did nothing, like Retro said, you probably changed the wrong raw.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 [2]