Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm modding serpentmen into a large war species who hate everything.  (Read 556 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll include the raw files at the end of the post in spoilers.
My first question is if a creature (serpentmen) has multiple prefstrings, does anything bad happen?
My second question is will the new civ make clothes their body size (twice the size of humans) if I copy the human's entity file besides the Ethics section?
My third question is how do I make a civ evil without adding baby snatcher or thief?

I want these serpent men to live above ground in dark fortresses, and siege by the fifth year, and send ambushed after the second year.

Spoiler: raw (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: entity (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: weapon (click to show/hide)
Updated Raws.
If you would like these, just place them in their appropriate .txt files. The weapon goes in item_weapon.txt, the entity goes in entity_default.txt, and the raw replaces serpent man in creature_subterranean.txt.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:45:24 pm by NewsMuffin »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: I'm modding serpentmen into a large war species who hate everything.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:50:56 pm »

1) No
2) Yes
3) Delete [INTELLIGENT] and [CAN_SPEAK], but keep [CAN_LEARN]

The current existing progress triggers don't track by time I believe. They only track created wealth and population.

This is what determines when the civ engages you:

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:2]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:2]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:2]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:3]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:0]

I'm a bit rusty, but I believe the 0 means that the trigger is not active. For values of 1 to 5, the progress trigger will be active, and I think 5 is the highest level, corresponding to the highest requirement.

For population, 3 means you need 80 dwarves before the civ will attack. I think 4 and 5 correspond to 100 and 140 dwarves. PRODUCTION refers to your created wealth, but I don't know the values. Exported wealth is what is tracked for TRADE.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:01:28 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 09:10:01 pm »

Ok. I wanted them to be able to speak, but oh well. Thank you, I'll be getting pwned in no time.
EDIT:
What would the 1 variable be for sieges?
EDITEDIT:
What happens when I have two of the same exact tag in the entities section?
EDIEDITEDIT:
I made the new serpent men a weapon called the serrated blade. I made it hopefully large enough that only serpentmen and larger creatures can use them, and they're only in the serpentmen entity for usable weapons.
Apparently, they're amazing, if abit overpowered. They can stab a wolf in the head and sever it.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:40:54 pm by NewsMuffin »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 09:45:46 pm »

Ok. I wanted them to be able to speak, but oh well. Thank you, I'll be getting pwned in no time.
EDIT:
What would the 1 variable be for sieges?
EDITEDIT:
What happens when I have two of the same exact tag in the entities section?
EDIEDITEDIT:
I made the new serpent men a weapon called the serrated blade. I made it hopefully large enough that only serpentmen and larger creatures can use them, and they're only in the serpentmen entity for usable weapons.
Apparently, they're amazing, if abit overpowered. They can stab a wolf in the head and sever it.

1 and 2 are probably 20 and 50 dwarves. As for speaking, you can add it just for adventure mode, and it doesn't affect anything during legends. I don't think duplicate tags in the entities section will make a difference, though I would try to avoid it. It'll be pretty obvious if the game glitches up should a problem arise.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 10:01:03 pm »

Thank you.
I have another problem with the weapon I made for them. When it stabs, it's amazing. However, when it 'tears,' it barely does anything. I attacked a dwarf in adventure mode, and it was deflected off of his giant tiger leather tunic.
EDIT:
Nevermind, I worked it out, but I fear it may still suck.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:08:36 pm by NewsMuffin »