Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let us Play! Age of Empires 3  (Read 9440 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Re: Let us Play! Age of Empires 3
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 04:57:21 pm »

And so begins the second session of play.

As you can see here, we have accumulated XP and two levels since the beggining of the last session. With experience you can buy new shipments and customise your city.

Here is the card screen. I chose the janissary combat and  the two mortars shipments. I've always wondered how the shipments get to you on a map without water, seeing as they just appear at your town center.

Here we have the new game screen. Here I'm starting a large 6 player game that is 'slow'. I've never tried slow before, and I never will again.

Here we are travelling into the unknown. Essentially, the unknown is a randomly generated map, it tends to be quite bland sadly.

I immeadiatly set off building a town center just out of sight of the road (so as to stay stealthy) and sent my adventurer of adventuring.

The first treasure I found was already being attacked by the enemy. I cunningly waited for them to kill the guardians before making off with the treasure!

Aha! My town center is finished! With this being slow mode this took about two minutes, and as such made it incredibly important to me. Never again will I take my town center for granted!

And here is a native settlement. The funny thing is that they have been here centuries and have nothing more than a small villlage, whereas after I have been here an hour I have a massive, map-spanning empire!

And so ends the second session of play. Any suggestions are welcome!
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 08:28:13 pm »

More in-detail plot/explainations?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 08:46:01 pm »

Can the words be above the pictures? I hate having to scroll back up to see what they're describing. Otherwise, awesome! Bears are no match for us now!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 12:59:26 pm »

Yo, I was planning on adding abit of a storyline to the LP. I'll include some storyline and try to build the characters a bit.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 03:09:07 pm »

Great!

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 03:44:39 pm »

Play session three, I CHOOSE YOU!

Here is Heyreddian Barabarossa, embarking on an epic adventurer to find pirates and take their chocolate. On a more serious note, there are pirates just around the corner and they are hiding chocolate, which is very valuable.

But, before he can get there our tribe is attacked by Napoleon and the blues. They ramsack the poor natives village in a cruel attempt to destroy our military.

After a long battle with the pirates, Heyreddin unleashes a shot that finishes the battle, killing the last pirate so he can take their treasure.

But wait! Their are enemies behind the pirate base! Heyreddin takes on the whole green military solo, and wins!

Back at the home base we are being attacked by napoleon. Killing the natives is one thing, destroying our trees means war!

In a sudden stroke of awesome, Heyreddin gives the command to mobilise a defense force and they arrive and save the day!

Sadly our homes were destroyed and their is a rather large hole in our town center.

But in the place of the homes, a massive fortress shall be built! One that is capable of pot shotting passing villagers with cannonballs (I didn't manage to take a screenshot of that, but it was awesome)

hey, is that a new shipment I hear? YES IT IS! I order THE AWESOME BOMBARD OF AWESOME!

Yes! The AWESOME BOMBARD OF AWESOME! has arrived and is ready to kick ass!

Look at it in all it's super heavy awesomeness. It's majestic form strolls through the town for all to see.

Seeing my AWESOME BOMBARD OF AWESOME! Frederick the Great retreated, he obviously had a scout or something.

But wait! We are being assaulted by our arch enemy Napoleon again! I think the AWESOME BOMBARD OF AWESOME! has something to say about that!

I prepare the AWESOME BOMBARD OF AWESOMENESS! for attack.

A lone Napoleonic cavalry troop takes it on in close combat, and takes a direct hit to the face! IT SURVIVES!

NOOO! My mosque! The marble is being destroyed by giant matches!

Heyreddin mobilises the villagers for a tactical withdrawal from this part of America, and does so in an awesome way

Thus ends session three. Tune in next time for the grudge match!
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 03:50:32 pm »

Can't wait.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 05:04:41 pm »

Faster! Suspense is killing me!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 10:13:15 am »

Don't worry, my friends! I shall start soon!
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 12:24:34 pm »

Well well then, it seems that you are reading play session four.

We are travelling through the icy unknown and our scout doesn't make his daily check. We decided to set up a base here, seeing as we know that an enemy is close.

As Heyreddin Barbarossa ventures forth, he stumbles upon the legendary glowing cowboy cave. it is rumored that inside is the shield of benevolence. We hastily set up a trading post nearby so that we will know if the enemy tries to take it.

Heyreddin also comes across the enemy town center, it is clear from this that they are after the shield too.

RAID! The enemy promptly launched an assault on our trading post, but we dispatched our military to kill them and hold the position.

We launch a counter-assault, destroying most of the town.

The only people left at the end of the counter-assault are a few loyal grenadiers. They are ordered to bravely hold the ground and destroy anything that comes near until help arrives.

The AWESOME BOMBARD OF AWESOME! quickly arrives and is ready to remove the obstacles in the way.

It destroys the enemy town and we are ready to continue.

Have fun readers!
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 10:44:38 am »

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawr! Exactly half of the images were just black screens! I need to find a better screencapper.

Anyway, we marched through the unknown into the carribean, where we knew that Napoleon was setting up an outpost.

We quickly befriend the local Caribs in an atempt to harvest their brains women soldiers.

We begin exploring and set up a trading post on the local road.

Now! For the attack! We quickly rushed them with cavalry and destroyed them with some difficulty.

it seems that they have been smuggling worker enhancing drugs in sheep, the fools! Now we shall have them and assault their city using them.

Aha! The AWESOME BOMBARD OF AWESOME is here! With its awesome we shall blow the enemy up.

We proceed to valiantly destroy their outpost and kill their villagers.

Sorry for the shortness, it was twice as long but half the images failed. :(
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 [2]