Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let's Play Heroes of Might and Magic 3  (Read 10102 times)

Freak

• Bay Watcher
  • World's Deadliest Idiot
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Heroes of Might and Magic 3
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 01:24:53 pm »

Update!

Inbetween updates I secured what I wanted around my town

Anyways I've noticed a desert beyond my lava fields and I think it's time to go exploring. After all there has to be something good considering the path was guarded by efreet and pit lords

(this screenshot was taken after I'd killed the efreet.)

Time to get going... after I get some efreet of my own.

Oh boy while I was at town I got this.

My original plan was to let the other armies fight amongst themselves while I built up a massive army to crush all resistance but if green steamrolls everybody I might have to come up with something new.

Well I won't bore you with the details but my army has grown somewhat.

Time to test it out.

And this is the first time I've ever seen an AI run from me.

The imps of course do their duty as the army's meat shield

Another foolish mortal comes to my island of DOOM!

Hopefully this one won't run so I can loot her corpse.

At least I got her boat.

Well green got eliminated. So it's just you and me now blue.

...And I ran into a huge army of roks lost my army, and look blues going for my castle

So can I do it? Will this lone imp redeem it's species in a glorious display of skill?

Hahahah, no.

So that was fun, and if I do another LP I think I'll do another game.

This Let's Play is officially OVER!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 01:27:25 pm by Freak »

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Heroes of Might and Magic 3
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 04:05:31 pm »

shortest LP ever?

It's important to leave at least something at the castle, for obvious reasons (or have your main army within one turn of movement). Most nations have a slow but tough unit which is ideal for leaving behind at the castle but inferno really doesn't have one, the closest thing they have to that are horned demons, pit lords and imps (which actually don't do anything useful, no stealing mana isnt useful) but they have decent movement and not so great defense.

Spell casting is more of a requirement than an option in the late game (and on harder difficulties), blind and chain lightning are really nice. In the early game mobility is key. Leave slow units behind and hire a second hero and give him a single fast unit (like a cerebrus for inferno). Dont bother beefing up his single stack, a single unit is good. This hero (no known as the mule) trails behind the main army and picks up everything that benefits the kingdom but not the army (loose resources, flagging mines, grabbing resource generating artifacts). You'll find that your main army will progress much faster through the world and thus become more powerful than opposing factions.

in the mid game you might find it hard to get back to your castle to reinforce (master water magic and town portal(gate?) make this problem trivial, same with master air and dimension door). You can make a second mule hero but this one sits in town, maybe wanders around to get easy/cheap stat boosts. This character will wait untill they have a sizable force to replenish your main army then make the trek, while waiting at the town he boosts the survivability of your castle to the point that the enemy has to really throw a nice army at you to take your castle.

Maybe sometime in the future i'll do my own Heroes of Might and Magic LP, The game is quite fun
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966
Pages: 1 [2]