Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Escape the Tower  (Read 1530 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
Escape the Tower
« on: July 20, 2010, 02:40:33 pm »

All your life you have been an aspiring wizard. You grew up practicing magic tricks in your house and showing them to your friends, and whenever possible would perform them for an audience. However, you never believed that magic, in the supernatural sense, ever coud exist.

One day you woke up in a bed much more comfy than what you are used to. You slowly opened your eyes, trying to catch every last moment of comfiness that this bed offered, and noticed that your room seemed much more grey than usual. However, this did not bother you, seeing as this bed was so impossibly comfy you were happy in it. You waited and waited, trying to get back to sleep, eventually coming to the conclusion that such a thing was not happening any time soon and decided to get up. You throw the covers off of yourself and take a glance around the room. You find that you are in a fairly large room made out of grey blocks of stone. This shocking discovery seems to make you suddenly panic - entirely forgetting about your lack of clothes.

After realising that you were lacking clothing you reached for the covers of your comfy bed and rapped yourself in them, once again being engulfed in sheer comfort. With your mind slightly more at ease you once again took a look around the stone room, this time noticing a rather large red book encrusted with rather ornate gold decorations sitting on a pedestal in the corner. You strode over towards it, still covering yourself with the duvet, and opened it to a random page somewhere in the middle of the book. Inspection of the page showed that that page was blank, how quaint. You then turned to the first page and it had some rather useful information written on it.

Your clothes are in the next room.

To get there you will have to use magic.

My motives will remain unknown to you.

Here is a general idea of how magic works in this realm:

The world is filled with elements, not those scientific elements youe see in your science lessons but the ones that actually make up the universe. The most important of these are energy, water, earth and air. There are many more but I will not go into those right now. When you see a chemical reaction it is because two or more elements are reacting with one another to create the effect you see. There is also an unusual entity in this universe which has many names: mana, ki, chakra, etc. But most of us wizards just call it magic. When added with to an element it has unusual effects on the elements around it. There are other types of magic as well, but the only one you need to know at the moment is regular magic. Elements in their raw form, not the one you see around you, and magic can be stored in runes, should you not have direct access to them wherever you are when you need to use magic.

To use magic you simply must channel the magic into an element or two and watch the reaction unfold before your eyes. However, creating a nuclear explosion takes practice and many resources, something which most of us wizards do not have. Simply by entering my tower you have been given the power to channel magic as the wizards do.

One more thing you should know is that you can capture an element in a rune by

On the next page is a few sample spells that are very commonly used.

I have also left a few runes under your bed.

You took a moment to take all of this in and then proceeded to take the runes out from under your bed. There were five rocks under your bed. Upon taking the out from under your bed you found that they were actually very, very light and had symbols on them. Three had a picture of a star on them and the other two had a picture of the ocean.

You proceeded to look around the room again and found a section of the wall outlined in white chalk.

What was it you did next?

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Escape the Tower
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 02:47:14 pm »

Combine two star runes in the center of the outline area, focusing magic into them if necessary. This should create an explosion, so don't try to focus magic into them until after stepping back.

Is this a possible solution?

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 03:13:26 pm »

Doodle god much?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 03:48:52 pm »

OOC: Sort of, the magic system was inspired by Doodle God, but I've been wanting to do this for a long time.

IC: You place two star runes into the center of the area and try your hardest to channel them into the stone wall. Sadly, nothing happens.

Hint: Use your spell book.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 04:03:54 pm »

Use one water rune on the wall to turn it into mud.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 10:05:21 am »

You channeled the water rune into the wall and it slowly seemed to soften. Seeing this you kicked it with your foot and the soft wall caved in, leaving an entrance to another room. You walked into the room and took a look around, noticing that it was although it was a different type of stone than the one you previously destroyed, it was darker and crystaline, like obsidian, with a small window to another room and your clothes in a pile in the corner.

Suddenly you felt a pain in your head and dropped to the floor, the entire room around you was spinning and stretching and you found yourself forgetting everything. In a desperate attempt to remember who you are you think hard.

Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 11:09:51 am »

BACK OUT!
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 11:43:24 am »

You tried your best to back out of the room and managde to roll back into the room you started in. However you still were not sure who you are, maybe if you were to spend some time thinking you could remember.

OOC: Essentially I'm just looking for some ideas on the character. Do you want to play a girl or boy? What is their name? How old are they?
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 12:01:58 pm »

Female, 9 years old, name is Eauoa.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 12:05:45 pm »

Armok! Not another horrible name.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 12:10:16 pm »

Is that even pronounceable? And why a 9 year old?

Male, 25, Endranth
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 12:10:31 pm »

The spinning XxNamexX Hits Ochita in the lower body!
He looks sick!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 12:17:06 pm »

We are Thomas Arkham, of New York state, the city of Buffalo. We are 17 years old and graduated high school with average grades. We are OCD about our hands, trying harder than many people to kepp them immaculately clean. Luckily, the disorder hasn't manifested all the way and we don't have to spend hours washing every day. In fact, it can be better described by Severe Germaphobia.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.