Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monster Defence Rotation - Need GMs!  (Read 1343 times)

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Monster Defence Rotation - Need GMs!
« on: June 07, 2010, 08:51:47 pm »

Okay, so I started thinking. People kind of seem like they enjoy my Monster Defence games. I'm not sure if there's demand for another one. But I really like the concept of clone games, where popular forum games are slimmed down and cloned so everyone can play them and have fun, and GMs have it really easy - the rules are given to them, and anyone can GM. Preferably the game should be easy to GM, but even if it isn't, people can rotate and thus only have to GM once a month or so. This is what I'm proposing:

We start a game of Monster Defence. Some GMs sign up. The rules are pretty easy to learn, and the difficulty of GM-ing is easy to adjust. Want an easy game? Have only a few people, outlaw everything except rifles, and give everyone the Joy perk. Boom - no rolling at all, rounds should take only a few minutes to make. Want a bigger, more exciting game? Have many players, don't outlaw or force anything, throw creative new enemies and generally whatever you like at the players. Monster Defence comes with a huge base of data (e.g. weapons, perks), so that you don't have to invent these things or check to make sure they're fair. But, you can always create some yourself. You can make GM-ing fun and easy and simple.

So, who's up for GM-ing? How much are you planned to do? One round, four, as many as you feel comfortable with.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Defence Rotation - Need GMs!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 06:16:10 am »

*sighs* My GMing efforts generally crash and/or burn. Though I feel like mentioning that a bit of advertising might help a thread like this, people tend to pay more attention the the threads that they are involved in than new threads that don't have any replies...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 06:46:13 am »

Well, if it's been necroed anyways I'll just say I'd be fine with taking a turn GMing, though I'm sure there'd be better GMs for this.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

411570N3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 07:17:13 am »

I can make an utterly ridiculously large armoury for people to choose from so they can pick and choose what they want in their game if you like.