Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tip for dual screen performance  (Read 762 times)

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
Tip for dual screen performance
« on: December 17, 2007, 05:40:00 am »

Dunno if this is useful for anyone, but I'll post it anyway and see.

I have two screens on my comp, and when DF runs, it always used to overlap just a few pixelson my right one.  Now, I've noticed that if I move DF so that this overlap dissapears, I get a significant performance boost (15-ish fps).  If you have dual screens, this might be something to think about.

MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tip for dual screen performance
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 09:38:00 am »

Just so I understand:  You're getting better results if DF is only shown on one screen?
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
Re: Tip for dual screen performance
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 11:08:00 am »

Yes, if the game window overlaps over the next one even just a little (easy to miss), it makes DF substantially slower.
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.