Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about Companion limit  (Read 3054 times)

Rice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about Companion limit
« on: July 17, 2010, 02:48:04 am »

Whats the companion limit? And how do I change it?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Companion limit
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 05:34:42 pm »

IIRC the limit is only towards how many notable megabeasts and semi-megabeasts. Course, I'm not too sure of the starting limit.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 02:42:31 am »

The starting limit is 2, easily acquired if they're wimps and you've killed more squirrels than they have.

Did you mean to say that the limit of companions is equal to the number of megabeasts and semi-megabeasts you've killed?

this interests me as well, but your grammar hurts my brain, it doesn't like to function beyond it's resting levels.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 06:21:16 am »

That makes sense since after I killed two semi megabeasts no more than two people could follow me.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 06:28:33 am »

NOT TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I once started as a swordsman and shield user and armor user(And other crap) And I Instantly got 7 companions. they were all like 'WOW ITS YOU' and 'BRING ME T' GLOR'Y AN' DEATH!!!' and then we soet of to kill a hydra. I had little luck because the cock sucking hammerman was the one who 'killed her'... Yeah right, lucky shot you bastard!!!

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 03:30:58 pm »

perhaps you should check the legends from before you took this adventerer he might have a bigger history...
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 03:43:08 pm »

THINGS THAT INCREASE COMPANION NUMBER
1. HIGH TRAITS (AGILITY, STRENGTH, ECT, ECT)
2. GOOD STATS (SWORD, SHIELD, ECT,  ECT)
3. KILLING OF NAMED/HISTORICAL FIGURES
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 04:01:26 pm »

well makes me wonder about the adventure trait does this trait in your companions follow your limit?
edit: yes it does have a effect on your limit, so my next test is seeing how many can one get when their stats are max out. so far I just pick up 13 companions from a human town.

edit edit: 12 companions before they cut you off is how many I could get with no kills but high stats.
so I take it if you slaughter enough you can recruit an entire town.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 05:31:32 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 07:57:46 pm »

The starting limit is 2, easily acquired if they're wimps and you've killed more squirrels than they have.

Did you mean to say that the limit of companions is equal to the number of megabeasts and semi-megabeasts you've killed?

this interests me as well, but your grammar hurts my brain, it doesn't like to function beyond it's resting levels.

Damn you verbs!

Yeah, that's pretty much it. You also need to report to the figure that gave you the quest in the first place.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Rice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 12:57:57 am »

Thanks for answering my question.