Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Alcohol Industry: Troubles w/ Barrels  (Read 1382 times)

Astramancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alcohol Industry: Troubles w/ Barrels
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2010, 12:46:35 am »

• Set up a barrel reserve.
[/size]

I honestly don't know why this isn't the first post in these sorts of threads.

From the stockpile designation menu, there's a little entry called "reserve barrels"

That number is the number of barrels that are just flat-out ignored by haulers.  They'll be used for a Task that uses barrels (such as making a dye shop, processing sweet pods into syrup, or making alcohol).

So instead of having hundreds of extra barrels (which really isn't a bad thing, but impractical in the first decade of your fort), or messing about with dozens of different stockpiles, you just change one setting and your barrel woes are over.  Forever.

Depending on your overall barrel count and how much extra alcohol you want to make, I recommend setting your reserve barrels to 10, at least to start with.  That gives you plenty of extra barrels for emergency booze production (25 alcohol in a barrel is great -- unless you have 25 thirsty dwarves right now, as it will take a year or more for all of them to drink from the one barrel), while not needlessly cluttering up your food stockpiles.[/list]

cdrcjsn

• Bay Watcher
  • My name is Cedric
    • View Profile
    • Familiar Ground, fantasy comedy from a familiar point of view.
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010, 01:35:26 am »

Huh.  Never noticed that.

I guess I made all those lead barrels for nothing...

An aside, but I find it hilarious that I'm using lead as a material for drinking containers.  Lead poisoning?  What's that?
Check out my comic!
http://www.familiar-ground.com
Fantasy Comedy.  Familiar Point of View.

Conflict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2010, 01:56:18 pm »

Nope, I don't have a glass industry at all :(
Pages: 1 [2]