Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Agh! Lake madness!  (Read 754 times)

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Agh! Lake madness!
« on: July 17, 2010, 10:27:32 am »

I just found a massively bugged site. It is part of a lake with a majour river flowing through, but the river is placed 8 z-levels below the lake. The result was 8 z-levels of lake emptying itself into the river, murdering my fps well below 1. Eventualy the lake ran out and only started to refill the bottom z-level of the edge Edit: no its actualy refilling each z-level of the edge, resulting in a giant wall of water... The game now runs at some 50 fps, and is flowing away all the globs of 7/7 water that were just sitting at some places right after the lake ended its initial madness.

There is also a large chunk of weird black space sitting the middle of the air.

Is this a known bug or should I report this?

Also if anyone wants a look at this I can put the worldgen info and embark here.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 10:31:18 am by Grimlocke »
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Agh! Lake madness!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 01:48:42 pm »

Weird black space, eh? Very intriguing. It could be a black hole to the carp dimension!

By all means, share the info.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Agh! Lake madness!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 01:53:07 pm »

Its just some combination of geographic features the game is never meant to generate. Its haging from the edge of the cliff along the river, its all big black rectangles first. When I tried to put a digging designation on it it turned into these weird chunks of terain hanging above the river, their floors on top had a brown background with a white dot and said 'open space'. Dumping stuff on it just had it sit there, dwarves wouldnt touch it. Managed to get rid of it by digging ramps under it.

Abandoned the fort anyway due to perpetual lag.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!