Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No dwarf caravan?  (Read 719 times)

Xeorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No dwarf caravan?
« on: July 16, 2010, 01:20:49 pm »

Alright, here's my question: Has anyone else had troubles with getting a dwarf caravan to arrive?

I'm going into my third year at my fort in the hills, and I have yet to see a caravan from the dwarves arrive.  I've gotten a couple migrants so far, haven't modded anything yet, runnin 31.10.

I have gotten 2 elf caravans so far, and no humans, though they're not on the civ list so didn't expect em.

Any ideas?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: No dwarf caravan?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 01:22:53 pm »

The migrants may say so other wise but it may be that your home civilization is wiped out, check the 'c'ivilization's screen.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 01:23:00 pm »

Have you gotten an outpost liason?  Does your civilization have 'no important leaders' on the civilization screen?

No caravans from the dwarves usually meas that either your civilization is dead, or you embarked somewhere they can't reach you.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Xeorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 01:28:48 pm »

Civ screen says they're there, but have no important leaders.  Haven't gotten more migrants since the first year either (2 waves)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 01:29:20 pm »

Civ screen says they're there, but have no important leaders.  Haven't gotten more migrants since the first year either (2 waves)
That means that the civ is dead.  Your dwarves are the last members of the civilization.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Xeorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 01:30:37 pm »

Sweet, time to repopulate the species.