Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: about cleaning  (Read 330 times)

twinburner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
about cleaning
« on: July 16, 2010, 02:36:49 am »

due to my troops first active battle my cage traps are now coated in blood. All well and good cept that I can't see if they'er loaded or not. Also there's a bath of blood on the main tunnel in and outof my fort and I'm not sure why. In anycase it'd be nice to have this all cleaned up, but I've noticed cleaning didn't seem to work so far. Or at least I'd thought it was automatic before. How do I go about cleaning now in the new version. Is soap needed?

billw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: about cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 06:45:48 am »

Yeah, I think there is a bug in .10 to do with blood. I set all my dwarves to fill a water reactor and suddenly there were pools of blood all over the place. Apparently blood get tracked around the place, but doesn't get cleaned.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:27:47 am »

Designate the bloody area as a meeting area temporarily, and dwarves will swarm all over it cleaning it up in no time. I use this is a temporary stopgap to keep my sacrificial pit nice and spotless while I rig up a flushing system.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 07:35:20 am »

After a particularly bloody siege, my main meeting room/bathing area is now a sea of goblin blood.  It's nowhere near the fighting, but dwarves got blood on themselves hauling goblin corpses then went to the meeting hall, where the waterfalls washed it off them and created pools of goblin blood area.  I have plenty of soap, too, and more on the way once they finish rendering all the fat the latest forgotten beast gifted me with.  I suspect that I'm a victim of the physics of interaction between water and blood.  It appears that flooding water over bloodied areas doesn't actually wash the blood away, but instead causes the water to become bloody and then create pools of blood everywhere it goes.  On the plus side my baroness now has a good thought from having enjoyed a fine bath lately.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.