Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves not activating in military?  (Read 299 times)

heywheresmysnack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves not activating in military?
« on: July 16, 2010, 03:22:30 am »

What would the reason be for a dwarf to not activate once I have activated a squad?

I see something like 10 soldiers 5 active when looking at the military screen. Those 5 that are active are all training in the barracks and the other 5 are all doing something else.

I have checked my order criteria and there should be 10 dwarves training. Could someone enlighten me?

Bronzebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves not activating in military?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:09:41 am »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the military is all still very bugged. That said, by "activating" a squad do you mean giving them an order such as move or attack or simply toggling the "Active/Training" alert in the military screen? Either way, I have no answer as to why some soldiers wouldn't react but I recommend you don't bother with any alerts aside from "Inactive" and "Danger" (an alert you create to restrict your dwarves in the fortress during sieges and whatnot); setting the military to inactive will have them doing drills and training as normal until you need them for anything with no troubles.

heywheresmysnack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves not activating in military?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 11:15:30 am »

Hrm. I still don't get why 5 wouldn't actually go to the barracks to train upon activating and also setting them to train in the armory.