Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: (SPOILER) Can't dig into the Shinies  (Read 2212 times)

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Can't dig into the Adamantine
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 02:22:03 pm »

There was a bug where parts of the adamantine tubes were flagged as still being submerged in the magma sea (i.e. underwater and therefore unwalkable), but that was supposed to have been fixed...

Oh, and Lord Requiem: You might want stick a spoiler warning into your thread title, and maybe changing "adamantine" to "Hidden Fun Stone" or something similar. You can edit the title by editing your first post.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Re: (SPOILER) Can't dig into the Shinies
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 03:31:46 pm »

Done.
Lost's sanctuary for Lolis.
Quest Complete! 41/31

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
Re: Can't dig into the Adamantine
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 01:01:06 pm »

This happened to me. I have a guess, cause I've repeated this. The HFS counts as magabeasts, and as such you can not get to them unless you have certain population, and enough wealth. Twice I've been unable to pierce he magma sea with a fledgling fort, but I've had no trouble doing this with a full grown mega fort in the same world. Or thats my guess.

Really?  Because I've embarked with seven miners before and dug straight into the HFS "Tube," releasing all of the prisoners.  And I've done it more than once, just to see what types of prisoners are released.  It's easy to repeat....

See, I've done this aswell, and it never worked. I've never been able to pierce hell, before my fort is at fps death. Who knows.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: (SPOILER) Can't dig into the Shinies
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 01:21:44 pm »

I have also deliberately embarked with 7 miners and hit the HFS within the first season.  It's not hard to do.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 [2]