Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Control what items get encrusted?  (Read 13724 times)

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
Re: Control what items get encrusted?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 07:57:19 pm »

chicken what tileset is that? sexyness

and 1 word.. burrows

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 09:05:46 pm »

Shibdib, it's the Ironhand graphic set.

And, two words: they don't work.  :)

[Goes off to learn how to count...]
Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)

RCIX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 09:12:32 pm »

Also, note that you can encrust an item one time per type of gem you have. I've seen numerous people make that mistake.
You mean that i can encrust something with moss agates, then fortification agates, then aventurine, then...? Wow! I can see how that would make something valuable.
Quote from: Naz
Quote from: dwarfhoplite
I suggest you don't think too much what you build and where. When ever you need something, build it as close as possible to where you need it. that way your fortress will eventually become epic
Because god knows your duke will demand a kitten silo in his office.
Quote from: Necro910
Dwarf Fortress: Where you aren't hallucinating.

ChickenLips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2010, 03:56:31 am »

Totally.  When these guys go off, they put earlier artifacts to shame.  Especially when they start throwing in the higher-value stones.  I always request lots of diamond and rubies and star rubies and emeralds from the mountainhomes. 

This example is one that happened when I let a guy go slightly wild, and I imagine it's still a pretty mild example.

Do not meddle in the affairs of chickens, for you are crunchy and taste like a good seedgrain.

(You are not a seedgrain?  Of course, you and I know that very well.  But does the chicken know it?)
Pages: 1 [2]