Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ok.. I'm trying to make a mod, but need some help.  (Read 592 times)

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ok.. I'm trying to make a mod, but need some help.
« on: July 13, 2010, 09:45:17 pm »

Ok, what with adventure mode reactions and all, I decided to try and recreate smithing and smelting with reactions and a couple custom objects. However ore would still be needed and that stumped me until I remembered panning for gold, well it might be unrealistic but panning for the various ores using sand as a reagent would be a solution, my problem is that I don't know how to set that up. So could anyone help?

TL;DR
How can I use sand or soil of all kinds as a reagent?
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Ok.. I'm trying to make a mod, but need some help.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:06:58 am »

You MAY be able to use something along the lines of [REAGENT:sand:1:NONE:NONE:INORGANIC:SAND_YELLOW] as the reagent.  I'll test it in a few minutes.

This would actually work well with glassmaking or producing iron from red sand.  Assuming it works, anyway.

EDIT: No such luck.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MELT_SOIL]
[NAME:melt loam with laser eyes]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:INORGANIC:LOAM]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:OBSIDIAN]
[SKILL:CONCENTRATION]
resulted in

EDIT EDIT: I tried it with copper instead of loam and melted my starting spear into obsidian, so the issue is with the item rather than the syntax.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:28:28 am by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

druid91

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ok.. I'm trying to make a mod, but need some help.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:37:57 am »

I suppose I will have to use rocks then. Thanks.  :)
The least you could have done was throw down some booze and seasoning. Abyssal Monsters that Creatures of the Light Know Not Of aren't savages, y'know. Sharing's caring.