Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Immortalized forever on a coin  (Read 1140 times)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Immortalized forever on a coin
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:03:08 pm »

I decided to have the dwarves make some electrum coins.  On the front of the coins was the human Kon Roarrelieved and dwarves, and it related to him becoming an enemy of the dwarf civilization.  I was extremely curious about this;  was he some unbeatable foe that had shaped the history of the fort?
No, according to legends mode, he was a soldier in some town.  He never killed anyone, "became an enemy" when my adventurer, from a DIFFERENT dwarven civilization, murdered him (along with countless others) a few years back.
It's one thing to have obscure people in engravings, but I always assumed coins had a higher standard.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
Re: Immortalized forever on a coin
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 01:50:50 am »

It's like making a memorial to an unnamed soldier. Except that you can see the legends and thus know his name.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 04:36:11 am »

Right now we can at least build a statue and make a note there ... nothing big, at least something
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 08:07:19 pm »

That would be the coolest coin ever. It's made of electrum and has a war on it (well not really, but still).

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 11:27:02 pm »

His last name is relived. Probably his ghost doing something, or something along those lines

leftycook

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 05:32:21 am »

maybe its a metaphor for dwarven superiority over humans. Or maybe your coin minter was told the story of a dwarf that killed a guy in a pub as a bed time story, and the near-anarchy of the average fortress prevented anyone from mandating a certain level of coin-image-standard.