Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven prank, just wait until he's asleep!  (Read 829 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven prank, just wait until he's asleep!
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:47:23 pm »

My 31.10 fortress was purring along in its second year, filled with thirty-odd happy and happier dwarves,  nothing more dangerous than a pack of wolves visible.  No wounded yet, though I was half keeping an eye on those wolves, with a few tree cutters near them and me unsure how close the two might come before interrupted warnings might come.

I look away a moment, and suddenly get a message warning of canceling giving water, cause I've got no buckets.  True enough; yet... the wolves tore into my workers without a warning?  Someone survived to rest and get thirsty?  Man I just looked away 10 seconds ago...

The wolves are behaving themselves, the trees are still being lumbered.  Hasn't been a fight for about three months, and the one wounded guy walked off his bruises long ago.  I'm trying and trying to find someone who's missing, wounded...

I check the beds.  Four people sleeping, but none are flashing wounded.  Although, one's flashing thirsty.  Aha!  And as near as I could tell, that's what the bucket was for, to give an unharmed sleeping dwarf a drink!

To prevent such rude jokes, I can see dwarven lords passing mandates forbidding the use of buckets except when explicity needed.  What a way to wake up, when you've been dreaming of a nice barrel of brew!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.