Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do I need to update my mods for 31.10?  (Read 493 times)

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
Do I need to update my mods for 31.10?
« on: July 14, 2010, 06:42:01 pm »

Do I need to update my mods that I've made for 31.10?
I've heard of things like adventurer mode reactions, and this might throw a wrench in my mods if I don't update, but I'd rather not as it took me too long to make work correctly.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: Do I need to update my mods for 31.10?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 06:43:39 pm »

Uhm... what mods are you running? Are you talking about 40D mods or .01 to .08 mods?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:43:50 pm »

Depends entirely on what mods you're using. Anything that added new metals or weapons, or did balance changes on the old ones, will need to be modified to take the new combat changes into account.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:44:51 pm »

Uhm... what mods are you running? Are you talking about 40D mods or .01 to .08 mods?
31.8 to 31.10
I've been round too long for that mistake.
I've made changes so my dwarves heal fast, and lots of custom reactions.

I guess not, I've not changed the weapons, and therefore I don't care about changing those.
thanks for the help.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 06:46:00 pm »

The dwarf changes should be fine, and any custom reactions you've done should still work ok.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 06:49:25 pm »

Yeah, if that's all you have changed healing and stats of dwarfs and reactions/buildings, you should be perfectly fine.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!