Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: long live the king!  (Read 868 times)

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
long live the king!
« on: July 10, 2010, 05:32:51 pm »

i got my first king today after completing the tasks to get one.. arcitecture value, offerings, and road , and the next migration wave (of 35- wow!) i got a king and the kings wife, along with his 4 bouncers, a legendary+5 axedwarf, a legendary+5 macemen, and two legendary+5 spearmen, and lastly the outpost liason..

while looking through my kings history, i see that he has 10 kids not much.. ok... but i also noticed he's 121 years old, and that his wife, the queens consort is 118 years old.... .. .. !

while digging even deeper, i found that the outpost liason was the kings grandaughter at 67 years old

ok... damn.. thats wierd.. while digging even deeper on the relations screen i found out that the king, 121 years old is the uncle of his wife, 118 years old

what the hell?? i havent even breached the legends yet...
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

lamoxlamae

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: long live the king!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 05:36:40 pm »

And this is why I turn off the history. Ow my head. *resists playing "I'm my own grandpa"*

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 12:37:50 pm »

by the way.. what is the average lifespan for a dwarf?
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:39:33 pm »

According to the wiki, 150-170 years.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 12:39:49 pm »

Lifespan? Since when do dwarves need natural deaths?  ;)
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 12:45:47 pm »

I've seen an occasional dwarf die of old age at around 140, but that's fairly rare. The oldest dwarf I've ever see was a liason who dropped dead in my meeting hall at 188.

If you decide to keep the fort for that long, you could probably keep him around for at least thirty or forty years.

IHateOutside

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire safety is for wimps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 12:49:49 pm »

One of these days i'm going to make a dwarven family tree. I doubt it will look much like a 'normal' family tree  ;D

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 02:14:32 pm »

if i remember right, ultimogeny was usual in old northern cultures. technically, the elder sons would leave to find their own fortune and make their own name while the youngest son would stay behind to take care of his father seat and the house. perhaps dwarven kings have their elder son founding new mountainhomes and the youngest inherits the throne and the capital

GuudeSpelur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 03:42:54 pm »

Or perhaps we're forgetting that even dwarven crown princes/princesses are still just as prone to horrible deaths as peasants are.
This fortress is turning into some kind of supervillain lair or something.
You do remember that you've been farming gigantic wingless dragon-fish for profit and Fun, right?