Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Awesome end of posession  (Read 2311 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Awesome end of posession
« on: August 06, 2010, 08:11:17 am »

My mayor got posessed, and proceeded to claim my magma forge.
Just 1 frame after he created Oburvostaz, "Herohustles", the magma forge exploded in to a blaze of fire, and a fire man emerged from underneath it.

Awesome coincidence, or easter egg with posessions?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Awesome end of posession
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 08:15:08 am »

It's only awesome if he then used the artifact to beat down the fire man and save the fortress.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 08:28:37 am »

The artifact was a lead amulet, and it was lost with the destruction of the magma forge, one frame after it was built, it must have dropped down into the magma sea.
It's creator has no unhappy thoughts for it being destroyed though. I got no message either of it's destruction.
But it's not on the artefact list either.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 08:30:58 am »

The artifact was a lead amulet, and it was lost with the destruction of the magma forge, one frame after it was built, it must have dropped down into the magma sea.

Too bad it wasn't a figurine of a human. Or we could say that after it was dropped in the magma it instantly transformed into the fire man. That would be sweet.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 08:52:00 am »

What if you just made a figurine have a chain that you could put around your neck?  Wouldn't that make it a de facto "amulet"?  It could still be what happened...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 09:04:16 am »

What if you just made a figurine have a chain that you could put around your neck?  Wouldn't that make it a de facto "amulet"?  It could still be what happened...

Oh dear lord! It be true!

During his possession, the dwarf encased his demon spirit inside an amulet for all eternity. He was finally free, free of the demon inside him. He looked at the amulet, and thought deeply, no one should ever have to be possessed by such a horrid creature, he must destroy it. So without thinking twice he tossed the amulet into the magma. The magma bubbled, and gurgled, smoke billowed from the hole, and out from the magma arose a fire man, the demon itself brought into physical form out of the magma and the amulet. The dwarf froze, surely this was the end. The fire man advanced towards him, dragging behind him a chain, what once held the demon hanging from a neck, was now his weapon to strangle those necks.

Reclaim? Y/N

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 12:08:04 pm »

Clearly your Mayor realized his possession, and outsmarted the Fire Man, attempting to trap it within the amulet and failed.

Ninja'd
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 12:10:04 pm »

maybe the fire man picked up the artifact. try killing it and see whatever hs is carrying it. 
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.